Every year, the African Palliative Care Association (APCA) partners with Global Partners in Care (GPIC) in the USA to offer a limited number of scholarships to health care workers, including nurses, social workers, physiotherapists, music therapists, and clinical officers. APCA and GPIC acknowledge the vital role played by health care and social workers in delivering comprehensive palliative care services.
The Palliative Care Education Scholarship Fund intends to provide a chance for health care and social workers who are involved in palliative care provision or are committed to leading the development of such services in their settings to receive specialized training.
Application Deadline: 22nd March 2023
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Any African country
Value of Award: Scholarship amount and duration may vary according to the course of study but shall not exceed $2,000 USD
Number of Awards:
- Five (5) scholarships for nurses
- Four (4) scholarships for social workers
Duration of Programme: This amount will vary depending to the option of study, either formal course or experiential learning at a hospice.
- Qualified nurse or social worker with a degree or diploma residing and working in Africa. Other specialties (doctor, clinical officer, etc.) are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Has obtained a place on a diploma palliative care course in an institution in Africa recognised by APCA. You must already have secured acceptance to a program of study to be considered for a scholarship.
- Currently licensed in nursing or social work, where applicable
- Able to obtain full support from your place of work to undertake the course
- Able to serve your institution of work for at least one year after completion of the training
- Able to legibly complete the application
- Willing to provide thank you letter, video testimonial, or Zoom interview with GPIC and APCA in support of future fundraising for the scholarship fund. Please note that preference may be given to applicants who are in their final year of study.
How to Apply: Eligible applicants should download and complete the relevant scholarship application form available online and submit to the relevant email: email@example.com. Filled in hard copy applications forms can also be sent through courier addressed to or dropped at the African Palliative Care Association, P.O. Box 72518, Plot 95, Dr Gibbons Road, Kampala, Uganda.