The Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship Program for International Students is now open for applications. This program offers a unique opportunity for students to engage in research or teaching services, earning a compensation package that includes both salary and tuition remission. The aim is to assist international students in covering financial deficits while pursuing their Master’s degree courses.
- Value: $1,176 USD per month for 9 months
- Deadline: February 1, 2024
- Type: Masters
- Duration: Annual renewal required
To be eligible for the Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Fully admitted to a master’s degree program at Western Oregon University.
- Graduate assistant duties must relate to the student’s graduate program and/or career expectations.
- Assistantship must begin no later than the start of week one of the term.
- An approved program for a WOU master’s degree must be on file in the Graduate Programs office by the first week of the term.
For renewal, the graduate assistant must:
- Maintain a grade point average of at least 3.00 on all graduate hours taken.
- Have no more than 8 credits of C grades.
- Have no grades of D or F.
- Enroll in a minimum of eight/nine and a maximum of sixteen hours of graduate work each term.
- Receive satisfactory ratings (average score of 3) for all supervisor evaluations received in the previous term.
- Interested candidates should click on Apply Now.
- Create an account using the First-Time User option.
- Use a personal email address for account setup.
- Access the email account used in step one to find the secure pin to continue the application.
- Click on “Start New Application” and choose Graduate Application.
- For any changes to the application after submission, contact Graduate Programs.
Note: Please write your application in English.
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity to further your education and professional development. Apply now!