The United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship offers selected fellows a four-month training program at OLA/DOALOS at United Nations Headquarters in New York. The program includes a foundation curriculum and a highly customized individual curriculum developed in consultation with the nominating State.
- Type: Fellowship
- Application Deadline: February 16, 2024
Value & Duration of Award:
- The conditions of the Fellowship, including travel, stipend payments, medical clearance, insurance, and housing, will be communicated individually to successful candidates.
- The Fellowship will take place between mid-August and mid-December 2024.
Eligible Countries: All Developing Countries
Eligibility: To be eligible for the fellowship, you must:
- Be between the ages of 25 and 40.
- Possess at least a first-level university degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrate the ability to undertake advanced academic research and studies.
- Be from a developing State.
- Be a Government official dealing directly with strategic issues related to sustainable development of oceans and seas. This may include involvement in areas such as the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, national and/or regional ocean policy, establishment of maritime zones and/or the delimitation of maritime boundaries, coastal zone management, conservation and management of marine living resources, maritime transport and shipping, maritime security, and the protection and preservation of the marine environment and/or marine science.
- Familiarize yourself with the eligibility requirements.
- Use only the application forms made available on the website to apply to the Programme.
- Ensure that your application is submitted before the deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Await individual communication regarding the award, which will be communicated to successful candidates and then posted on the Fellowship website in the second half of April 2024.
Please review the eligibility criteria and application process carefully before applying. For further details and inquiries, visit the Fellowship website or contact the fellowship administration.