- Type: Scholarships
- Degree: Doctorate
- Location: United Kingdom
- Host Institution: King’s College London
- Deadline: February 27, 2024
The Commonwealth Scholarships at King’s College London aim to support candidates from high-income countries in pursuing full-time doctoral studies at a UK university. These scholarships, funded by the UK Department for Education (DfE) and the host institution, support research projects contributing to sustainable development fields.
The program aims to enhance individual teaching and research capabilities, leading to increased institutional capacity in Commonwealth countries. Additionally, it fosters collaboration and links between high-caliber international candidates and UK higher education and research institutions.
Priority is given to applicants from traditionally marginalized or underrepresented groups, as well as those who have overcome significant educational barriers.
Value & Duration of Award:
- Tuition fee coverage
- Bench Fees / Research Training & Support Grant
- Travel expenses
Eligible Countries: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Canada, Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand, Seychelles, Singapore, Trinidad and Tobago, Bermuda, Brunei Darussalam, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, St Kitts and Nevis, Turks and Caicos Islands.
- Citizenship of or refugee status granted by an eligible Commonwealth country
- Permanent residency in an eligible Commonwealth country for at least two years prior to application
- Not registered for or initiated a PhD or MPhil leading to a PhD at a UK University before the Scholarship start date
- Possession of a first degree of upper second-class (2:1) honors standard or a lower second-class degree with a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree) by the time of application
- Unconditional or conditionally financed offer for the 2023 UK academic year from all UK universities listed on the application
- Submission of references from at least 2 individuals and a supporting statement from a proposed supervisor from at least one of the UK universities listed in the application
How To Apply:
- Apply for admittance to the chosen PhD program at King’s College London via the King’s Apply online application system.
- Apply to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) using the CSC’s online application system.
Ensure timely completion and submission of applications, as the online system experiences high traffic closer to the deadline.
Applicants can anticipate notification of outcomes by July 2024. Regularly check all email folders for correspondence, as failure to respond within the specified time may result in withdrawal of the scholarship offer.